View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 01:43 PM

Default Top set Hand(lukewarm content)

4/8 live. Table is playing fairly loose. Villain is SB who is actually a decent player. Doesn't get out of line too much. Plays a bit loose PF at times but not terrible by any means.

3 limpers to Hero in MP with 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] who calls, button in, both blinds in. 6 to the flop.

(5 SBs) Flop comes 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] SB bets, BB calls, one limper calls, Hero raises, folded to SB who 3 bets, BB calls, limper calls, Hero Caps, all call. 4 to the turn

(10.5 BBs) Turn comes the J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] SB bets, folded to Hero who raises, SB 3 bets, Hero Calls. HU

(16.5 BBs) SB says "I bet dark" and bets [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img], River comes the 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], hero calls.

PF- I raise this PF here not as a standard play but to mix it up from time to time. Just opted to limp here

Turn-Not sure why I didn't cap the turn, but opinions on this please? I think me not putting a hat on the turn is bad.

From my reads, Villain wouldn't play a draw or a small 2 pair like this. When he bets dark I am pretty sure I know what his holding is and you can spread butter on me, but I call in da laaadge pot! Actually by the turn I think I know what he has. I couldn't fold this on the end for a bet just in the small case he was playing a flopped 2 pair hand or a smaller set. Plus the pot is nnnnyice sized [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]