View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 01:20 PM

Default Re: Less Hugs, More Bans (NC Thread)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Beat: The rest of this whole [censored] weekend. [censored] fires in the ear. What is this [censored]? I'm flying into SD at 9 pm on Sunday night, and all of a sudden I see a raging inferno on the right side of the plane. Whoa! Then I look out the left window, and there's ANOTHER inferno! Who knew Hell would take up residence in the San Diego area just in time for my arrival? I left beautiful weather in Rochester for what was supposed to be better weather down here, not patchy smoke with a chance of asthma and a long range forecast of lung cancer. The windows of my hotel room don't even fully close. It smells like a damn girl scout marshmallow roast in here. I can't even escape the smoke by coming inside.

[/ QUOTE ]

not to put too fine a point on it, but as someone whose entire family lives in NE san diego county, [censored] you wookie.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not so crass as to trivialize the situation of people who've lost homes. If your family has, they have my sympathy and prayers. Other than worries of losing homes, though, most evacuees and I are in a similar boat at this point.