View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 01:05 PM

Default Re: NL10 TPTK oop vs. crowd, line check

To be honest I think i'd fold. Weaktight?

I think stack/pot ratio, donk stack etc. are all valid points. Really though I'd just think I was beat and wouldn't think the pot offered me good enough odds to call.

My technical thinking isn't as developed as others on this forum, so i'm probably getting out of line here, however...

I think things like stack-pot ratio's and commitment thresholds are sometimes given higer precidence over more simple things like pot odds, when they shouldn't.

I dont agree with the arguement that when you've got 1/2 your effective stack in the pot that you're commited. In this situation *if* he'd 3betted all in you'd have to call $4 to see a $9 pot (about). I just dont think you'd be ahead enough to justify calling. I'd wait for a time when i'm more certain.

For a bit of controversy I'd say this too. After he's 4betted you that pretty much means he's going to get AI no matter what. So I'd treat his min 4bet exactly the same way i'd treat him pusing AI then and there. So I'd probably fold there too, because I think he's always going to be betting the rest of his stack on the turn or river.

I'm guessing that's weaktight and i'm going to get shot down for it. However i'd welcome any counter arguements.