View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 01:00 PM

Default Re: Anytime there is money in the pot should you shove for 50/50?

Easy push here, there is already too much money in the pot to let this go. Also, it's not ENTIRELY impossible given your LP raise that villain is leading with A8 (very small chance) and it is very possible he's leading with JQ but may fold it. No way he is folding KQ, but the size of the pot already took care of your concerns.

Oh yeah, I'd be pushing AQ here PF in the BB all [censored] night. Maybe he will be too, so you can take that one out of his range (or at least cut it in half).

So, you are not exactly shoving for a "50/50" here. In general, you are rarely EVER shoving for "50/50" because you have to assume some FE on several boards. Sometimes more than you think. At 15/30, 3000 (or, say, 30/60 6000 against a 6000), I wouldn't shove for a "50/50" because that would be a gross overbet and I have about 40 or so minutes to play some poker and increase my stack other ways. At 1500, any blinds and usual structure, I'm gonna try to get my money in under the assumption that I have some FE.

Barry