View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 12:48 PM

Default Re: Making over my new wardrobe

[ QUOTE ]
Heh Clayton just like in the Car thread I'm in the exact same boat as you here. I've recently started buying some more fashionable clothes and my experience is that the most important thing is to find what you feel comfortable in. There's no point buying something because someone tells you it looks good if you don't feel comfortable wearing it, or worse yet it just sits in your closest.

I used the taking a girl shopping idea and it worked ok, I got some clothes I was happy with but also ended up with some stuff I never wear. What worked better for me is going to a high-end store (Holt Renfrew in Canada...seems comparable to this Nordstroms but I don't really know American brands) and striking up a relationship with this cool older black guy who worked there. I ended up shopping with him several times when I'd go and he knew the kind of style I liked and could show me things he thought I'd be interested in. He could also give me general advice for things fashion related. It was a huge beat when I found out he got fired [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] But thats neither here nor there...

When I started I was lazy and pretty unknowledgable so I probably overpaid for really high-end brands when I could have found reasonable alternatives for less. Also buying out of season is the nuts, I found some great cashmere sweaters for 50% off because summer stock had to be cleared. I need some new Fall stuff but I hate the idea that if I wait til after winter is over I could get this stuff for so much cheaper [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Holt Renfrew pwns