View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 11:47 AM

Default Re: AP, rigged, etc. #8981.4 - there was no superuser account

A couple of thoughts (okay, three):

1) Anything AP does now is far too little, far too late. We have had ample proof that the company is rotten to the core. Don't even think about helping them to survive this crisis - because if they do, online poker will permanently suffer.

2) Popcorn-gate (which I hope you good US citizens have reported by now?) proves that no amount of ill-gotten gains was too small for these scumbags. It also shows they were thieving little sh*ts long before Potripper - so there will be MANY money-skimming scams between then and now. Any method you can think of, from Superman 2 'save the pennies' onwards, you can bet they thought of too. The alternative is a period of quiet honesty...

3) In the great scheme of things (no pun intended), this story hasn't even STARTED yet. My most recent poker-related article was about 'old-time' cheating. My next is about this, the WCOOP, collusion and chip-dumping (all reasons I no longer play anything but HU or micro-stakes). If the poker mags won't run it, the likes of Maxim or FHM will. More senior journos than me are following this, too.

(PS. Bravo, PokerStars... if it's all true and can be confirmed by a truly independent audit, starting yesterday. Same goes for every other vendor. Your ball, guys.)