View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 10:09 AM

Default Re: 10nl-QQ w/ AKx on board- critque my play plz

I've been guilty of this too, in the past too, qwert. At 10NL (and I'm learning at 25NL too, sometimes) the most obvious reasoning is usually correct. Why is he raising the flop? He thinks he either has you beat, or will have you beat. With 2 overcards, I think you've gotta fold to this raise.

I hope you took a break after this hand. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Making a stand with two overs on the board and aggression from a villain is tilted thinking for sure. If you're still steaming from other hands, you need to take a break. Your bankroll will thank you. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I don't really mind the cbet (as you said, you might very well have AK/AQ) unless he's a calling station and will call you down with a weak ace. Once he raises, think about what he might have. 22 is possible, but hands like Adxd and KdQd are possible as well. Even if he's a donk with K2, you're behind. Fold on the flop, take a break, and come back refreshed. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Good luck!