View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 09:58 AM

Default 10nl-QQ w/ AKx on board- critque my play plz

hey guys,

Been multitabling and been pushed around a bit pf, ppl coming over the top of my pf raise put committing themselves and me not having a hand good enough i wanna go in so me folding causing me to be a bit frustrated.

This hand come up and it was pretty interesting I want your guys opinions on this, was it a bad play and absolute spew, or just me thinking to much at these stakes? Suggestions please!

so just new to the table, no read on villain

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (9 handed) Poker"]http://www.flopturnriver.com/reviews/Online-Poker-PokerStars.php#converter]Poker Stars[/url] Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($5.70)
SB ($11.45)
BB ($9.85)
UTG ($14.35)
UTG+1 ($3.90)
Hero ($10.40)
MP2 :#A500AF(villain)/ ($13.70)
MP3 ($4.20)
CO ($11.30)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.3</font>, MP2 :#A500AF(villain)/ calls $0.30, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>.

standard 3xbb raise, villain behind me calls not sure what he could have

Flop: ($0.75) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.65</font>,

flop isnt good for my hand because of the 2 overcards but i c bet here any way because im sure villain doesnt know what i have and i would do exactly the same thing if i had AA/KK/AK/AQ/AJ i bet .65c into .75c cause i wanted to outprice fd's, get an A/rag to fold and try to get him to fold/outprice him if he decides to try to go for a gutter, trying to 'protect' my hand (plz correct me if i'm using the term wrong pretty new to poker here)

<font color="#CC3333">villain raises to $1.7</font>,

this reraise really confuses me. I'm thinking to myself if he has a set but it doesn't seem likely because he would have reraised with AA/KK pf and I also dont get the feeling hes got AK or 22 so I think about it for a while. It seems to me that hes got an A and I'm leaning towards folding but then at the same time I'm thinking why would he play a pair of aces like this? I could easily have AK/AQ or AJ so i dont think hes just got an A. Half of me is thinking/really hoping hes just doing this with air or being a donk, I'm a bit fustrasted of being pushed around tonight so last min decision is I call with the intentions of check raising on the turn when he bets out (which i was pretty sure he would do)
Hero calls $1.05.

Turn: ($4.15) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">villain bets $2.25</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $8.4</font>, villain calls $6.15.

ok so blank hits and i check and he raises. I'm always hearing about all the pros talking about "trusting your instincts/going with your read etc so I'm like "I'll trust my read here" and raise all in and he calls. As soon as he does i'm like [censored] im screwed

River: ($20.95) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: $20.95

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Qc Qd (one pair, queens).
villain has Ad 6d (two pair, aces and sixes).
Outcome: villain wins $20.95. </font>

little bit suprised here cos if I did have and A and a better kicker he would be in bad shape but at the same time he did have a million outs and the best hand

so what are your thoughts? Am I being absolutely spewy here any sugessions that I can do and why? Did i over think the situation and should have just folded to the raise on the flop since he would probually have an ace.

things i did that i know were absolute spew:
1) let past events affect my now judgment. If I didn't let the past events of me being pushed out of hands get to me this would have been an easy fold on the flop. I think I wanted to win the pot to much
2) On the turn when i checked raised i probually gave him around the right odds to call since he was drawing to a fd and there was a chance his pair of Aces were good and he could have hit his kicker.

please give us a full explaination not things like donk,noob, abosulute spew and no reason why

thanks!