View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 09:39 AM

Default Re: Need shaft/loft advice for driver...launch monitor stats included

[ QUOTE ]
In all honesty I have NFI why a pro would measure your swing speed with a 6 iron to match you for a shaft with your driver. I have never heard of that being done. If you swing a 6 iron 105mph, I'm going to guess (and it really is just a guess) your driver speed at 115mph.

I am not in a position to tell you which shaft you do need, or if the YS-6+ (which the YS series are a good line) stiff, is stiff enough. But I will recommend that you get tested with the driver you are using now, and see what results you are getting on a launch monitor.

[/ QUOTE ]It wasnt a pro, just a sales man at a large well known golf shop here, he seemed to know his stuff very well though. I bought the club last night (havent used the actual club I walked out of the store with so it is still new) and am going to go back and ask questions today on lunch. This was after walking 9 holes and hitting a medium bucket of balls so I dont know how much that would increase/decrease my speed. I have always been able to crush the driver and considering I will be stonger and in better shape by next summer I can only imagine that would improve my swing speed.

EDIT: we just used the "SwingMate" radar to test speed. It was set up behind me, not to the side near impact, I dont know if that would effect the reading. I can hit my 8 year old Ram lite flex driver in the 280-300 range so I was a little suprised I only swung 105.