View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 09:14 AM

Default Re: Built and lost bankroll

Here's some advice, take it or leave it. You are an amateur (I don't mean that contemptuously). You are not a professional player. Those of us who are, have poured thousands of hours into the game. We think we are winning players because we have GOOD REASON to think so, AND we have a good record of winning over the VERY long term. You think you are a winning player at 1/2. Why? You (correct me if I'm wrong) probably haven't put even a couple of hundered hours into your game. There's alot of players in the small stakes forum who are barely profitable, and have put thousands of hours in. The game is harder than you think. If you can't come up with a good reason as to why you are better than the players at 1/2, then there probably isn't one.

The amount of money you lost is insignificant in poker. Not in your life, I'm sure it means something to you, but even the best players in the world could have lost the money you did in the time you did. And when I say could, I don't mean like 1/1000 times. There is a very reasonable chance that they would have. You sound like a player with little real knowledge of the game (remember, you need to put in tons of hours to get good). So I'll say this to you: Poker is not impossible to get good at. Neither is it easy. You can't just read all the poker books out there and sit down and win at 1/2. Either play at lower limits until you become good, or accept that you are NOT a winning player at 1/2.