View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 08:47 AM

Default Re: AP, rigged, etc. #8981.4 - there was no superuser account

Dear Absolute head honchos:

If you're reading this thread (and I think you are, given that you demanded that the Hilt wedding photos be taken down within about 20 minutes of them being posted), I was just thinking yesterday about the following, which I think would be an important and necessary step toward regaining the trust of 2+2 and the broader poker community (if it's even possible at all, although I believe it is, even while the road may be long). The first step was obviously paying back those who had money stolen from them, which you appear to be on the road to doing, which is the only thing giving me a sliver of hope that you might also agree to the following.

As your investigation of this matter proceeds and winds down, I want to see a Q&A session or roundtable discussion between this community and some of your top-level management and software representatives. I may be able to arrange for the Chairman of the KGC to contribute to this type of discussion as well.

Here's the thing: while some of us are clearly steamed about having our well-earned money stolen from us, I would venture to say that the #1 reason that 90% the members here have steam coming out of their ears on this (and that many people want nothing less than Absolute's bloody demise) is the pervasive lying, misdirection, and stonewalling that we've gotten on this issue from DAY 1! I, myself, have spent way too much of my time over the last 2 months on the phone with your so-called security "supervisors", only to have them tell me that they have extensively investigated the accounts in question and could not find any evidence of wrongdoing. And then, of course, there have been the half dozen or so "official" press releases that have point-blank contradicted each other, as you seem to have struggled to find a lie that 'worked'. The kindest way to describe Absolute's response to this would be utterly opaque and disingenuous. At its core, though, I think you'd have a hard time convincing many here that it wasn't purposefully deceptive and outright criminal.

OK, I get it, if the cheating executives were the ones still pulling the strings and issuing the directives as this scandal broke, then that would somewhat explain the lying and misdirection in how you have addressed the issue...but you now want us to believe that you're cleaning up, so how about you begin with something that you have to this point avoided like the plague: ABSOLUTE TRANSPARENCY.

We have many, many questions about how the initial attempted coverup and ensuing investigation were handled, just what was uncovered (and HOW), and why we should believe that it can't happen again. You will not be bombarded with immature or irrelevant questions --> it does not even necessarily have to be a *real-time* Q&A. If you would like, we will come together as a community and write down our 20 or 30 most important questions, as long as you will pledge to answer each of them to the best of your ability within a reasonable time-frame (perhaps 1 week). Chief Jo Norton: you say that you're committed to turning over a new leaf and earning back the trust of your players? Well it starts with 100% transparency, and you can put your 'money where your mouth is' on this issue by agreeing to an open exchange of questions and answers with this community that has worked tirelessly (and at no charge) to help you uncover just how rotten-to-the-core your poker site has been the past few years.