View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 08:17 AM

Default Re: How to Meditate.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
well if anything happened other than nothing happening, wouldnt it just mean you werent actually not thinking?

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, reading back through the original thread it was obvious that I was very wary of writing some stuff. I think that was due to the fact that I didn't have a solid reputation at the time. I think that may have improved somewhat in the last 18 months, so I'll tell you what happened. If you choose to accept it, great. If you don't, no problem.

I sat down to meditate in the early afternoon for my regular 20 minute stint. I slipped into the calm state very easily on this attempt, surprisingly so. After a short time I was no longer thinking. I was observing. It was extremely bizarre but I willed myself to remain calm and not ruin it. A coil of energy seemed to unwrap itself from my naval and spread gradually through my body until it had filled me to the ends of my fingers and toes and the tips of my ears. I felt like I was pulsating with energy. At this point I literally became bigger. My awareness was no longer myself, it was the room. I was the room. That was freaky enough, but then it expanded beyond the rooms boundaries and through the rest of the house and out onto the street. I was aware of every little detail, of the air, of the leaves, of birds and insects, everything. I was a part of it all. My awareness seemed to swell to a great height. I didn't "look" down. I didn't need to. I "was" down. I was everything around me. My body was below me in the great distance but I had encompassed everything. Or maybe that was untrue. Perhaps I had "woken up" for a brief moment and I was experiencing true reality with the blindfold of humanity taken away.

It lasted for five minutes and then I began to withdraw back to myself. Everything happened in reverse motion and then I was sitting in my chair breathing in and out. I sat there in silence for a long time.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This, followed by

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
serious queestion: do you ever meditate on the toilet?

[/ QUOTE ]

I like to read Esquire.

[/ QUOTE ]

this, makes me LOL