View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 08:05 AM

Default Re: NL10 TPTK oop vs. crowd, line check

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not betting more than $1 because we've got no fold equity against hands we beat (KJ or 66 arn't folding), also we want a call from hands we do beat like KQ or KT. I guess going for a check/raise is fine too, though as you said you are getting committed versus the shortstacks if they bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, but... if I bet out, I am not laying down to MP1īs raise, as he is an unkown with a donk-stack and this might be KQ or KT easily. I am not planning to fold here anyway.
Only the plan was that say MP1 calls on 3 streets hesitatingly because he thinks heīs paid too much to get out for just one more not-so-big bet [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
Haha! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] This is NL10 - don't overthink and just BET, BET, BET and money moves! Into your pockets ofcourse [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

The good thing about NL10 is that you can exploit your opponents weaknesses. When telling someone "Itīs NL10, just bet, bet, bet" that basicaly means "they are calling too much, you can exploit that by betting TPTK more than normal".

Now while that is true, there are more weaknesses than can be exploited.

The table was loose enough that few hands were just checked down, so why not try to collect an extra bet?

[ QUOTE ]
As played, I can't say your check-raise is wrong but your raise size was too small. Make it 2.5-3$.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I understand why we donīt normaly want to play good hands slow.
Looking back I am not 100% sure any more, but when I made my decision I thought if MP1 at least calls a c/r, the SPR is such that I am never laying down.

Now, if I go to the showdown no matter what turn card comes, why not make a smaller bet to suck him in and get him committed? Once I plan to proceed anyway, this is not slowplaying in a normal sense. I have 3 streets to get the money out of him should he just call my c/r.