View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 07:51 AM

Default Re: poker pro - hardest job there is?

[ QUOTE ]
I never mentioned stressful, I agree that it's not really a stressful job. But multitabling online poker for hours on end is hard because it's so mentally taxing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really. The level of play is so bad that a good player can just play on autopilot.

A bunch of bad beats in rapid sequence could be mentally taxing but again any pro will have gone though that so many times that it shouldn't even register.

[ QUOTE ]
If a lawyer or engineer had the necessary skills to beat 10/20NL for $500,000/year, or to bat cleanup for the Colorado Rockies in the World Series, I'm sure many of them would quit their jobs and do that instead. But not many of them will, because they don't have the requisite skills and therefore succeeding in professional sports or professional poker would be too 'hard' for them.

[/ QUOTE ]

With the loyalty programs and given how soft poker currently is; anyone can make $140k/year+ putting in 48 hours a week. I realize 48 hours is greater then the normal work week but given when I finished law school I was facing 80-100hrs/week it doesn't seem that taxing.