View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 06:01 AM

Default NL10 TPTK oop vs. crowd, line check

Ok, I have AK, I flop TPTK, I am out of position, I play against 3 villains, and I need some advice here. Thanks!

<u>Reads:</u> The table was playing pretty loose. However, no-one gets way out of line. This was definitely not the right spot to c-bet with air. I donīt know any of the villains well. As for my first impression, I would like to treat the big stack as a reasonable player for the time being.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (7 handed) Poker"]http://www.flopturnriver.com/reviews/Online-Poker-PokerStars.php#converter]Poker Stars[/url] Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($2.20)
SB ($2.25)
BB ($6.85)
Hero ($10)
MP1 ($6.10)
MP2 ($9.85)
CO ($9.70)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.35</font>, MP1 calls $0.35, MP2 calls $0.35, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls $0.30, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($1.50) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets $0.8</font>, MP2 folds, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.75</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises to $2.7</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $9</font>, MP1 calls $3.05 (All-In).

<font color="blue"> Now here is my reasoning:
MP2 is capapble of calling a bet just because it looks like a standard c-bet. This doesnīt let me know where I stand. I wouldnīt like to play for the deep stacks with my holding against him. If I c/r him and he calls/raises, his range is pretty much limited to KQ, KJs, 66. While that is not for sure, it is more likely than not that he would preflop reraise JJ, fold KTs and so on.

As for the small stack and the mid-stack, I think committing with my holding might be fine, given the stack sizes. Now, if I c/r them, they might be tempted to bet a weaker hand, and even for the player to my left, it is not a long way to get them committed.

So I check-raise. I raise for just a bit more than a min-raise because I want to "chop it up" and get him to pay.

Instead of calling, he now min.raises himself. This might be trouble. But I canīt get out against an unknown now with little money behind, can I?</font>