View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 04:40 AM

Default Re: AP, rigged, etc. #8981.4 - there was no superuser account

[ QUOTE ]
Just FYI, someone actually decompiled the AP client and told me that there was not a mechanism in the client for receiving hole cards. I don't know if he wants me to mention him by name, so I'll err on the safe side and not reveal it.

I am pretty sure that the hole cards were not received by the client. What the de-compilation told me lined up with what my sources told me.

[/ QUOTE ]

We don't really need to trust sources. There is just no way anybody making a poker client would ever send all the hole cards. While retards are apparently running the company, there is no way any software developer would ever do that.

I think it is likely there exists a "backdoor" or "superuser" account, and common sense would put it all server side. The authenticated user gets his/her own hole cards, however if certain "superuser" accounts are observing a table it is very possible the server sends them all the hole cards.

Simple to develop, secure for commmon gameplay and best yet impossible to detect because nobody can touch the server side code.