View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 04:25 AM

Default Re: easy fold with \"the nuts\"?

[ QUOTE ]
ski or anyone else,

do you think his cold 4betting range is wider, smaller, or indifferent at 200bb, as compared to 100bb?

[/ QUOTE ]

A bit of both depending on villain. My range tends to be wider as in I'll be more likely to run a bluff here since the reraiser likely needs a huge hand to continue, and his range is pretty wide to begin with. However, when I'm deeper I'm not 4betting for value with as many hands. 100bbs deep, I'm constantly 4bet/calling with TT/JJ/AK and sometimes AQ, but 200bbs deep I'm not going to want to get it in with any less than KK here unless I had some sick history.

This hand is sorta wierd though because BB probably doesn't even factor us in to the equation. By that I mean he knows we have a huge opening range, and facing this action we're folding a huge percentage of the time. He is focusing on the SB, and therefore could be 4betting with a different frequency given stack sizes.

I didn't explain that very well, but basically what I mean in the form of an example is this: We both have 500bbs, and SB has 100bbs. With this same action we can assume his 4betting range likely includes a lot of hands for value, since he is basically 4betting with 100bb stacks because we're basically not a factor since we fold so often.