View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 04:09 AM

Default does pacific have a \'win $%^$load mode\' ?

No doubt I'll receive a fair amount of flaming for this post for what seems like a tired old topic but please only flame or respond if you have played on pacific extensively.

I've been playing pacific on and off for 3 years or so and there seems to be a definite pattern. When I started I won ridiculous amounts for 2 months or so and then like a switch got maimed by a brutal downswing. I took a 6 month break from pacific and when I started again had another huge win streak. Another 2-3 months and I'm hit with the doom switch for a month. Give up pacific for 10 months this time and having started again am on a stupidly good winstreak. I'm expecting a set when I get small pockets pairs. I'm making straight flushes against A high flushes, straights against sets etc etc.

These three very distinct peaks are seeming just too coincidental since it's always after I've had a long break that I win. I've also played extensively on stars, party and tilt and have never experienced anything like this on those sites.

Pacific does still have a lot of absolutely terrible players and in my mind the strategy they are using would be a good to keep the bad players coming back. Anyone experienced anything similar?