View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 02:30 AM

Default Re: Less Hugs, More Bans (NC Thread)

Brag: My talk today at the meeting went well, and I received a lot of great feedback from those in attendance.

Beat: The rest of this whole [censored] weekend. [censored] fires in the ear. What is this [censored]? I'm flying into SD at 9 pm on Sunday night, and all of a sudden I see a raging inferno on the right side of the plane. Whoa! Then I look out the left window, and there's ANOTHER inferno! Who knew Hell would take up residence in the San Diego area just in time for my arrival? I left beautiful weather in Rochester for what was supposed to be better weather down here, not patchy smoke with a chance of asthma and a long range forecast of lung cancer. The windows of my hotel room don't even fully close. It smells like a damn girl scout marshmallow roast in here. I can't even escape the smoke by coming inside.

Variance: I actually have a [censored] hotel room to sleep in tonight. Last night, we were all thinking that the smoke can sucka sucka dick, y'all, but that it wouldn't be a huge deal other than the air quality and turning the pool a sickly gray and raising it's pH to a rather harmful 9. This morning, they evacuate the whole Carmel valley, which is just east of me. At dinner, they evacuate up to 8 blocks away from my hotel. After dinner, they've evacuated up to two blocks away from my hotel. My hotel's not evacuated yet, for some reason. I do expect a call from the reverse 911 system (in Soviet San Diego, 911 calls YOU!) at about 4 am telling me that I need to leave, though. I suppose it beats spending the night on the floor of the conference room, but I expect to curse out the automated voice telling me to get out of dodge before I turn into a crispy critter.

Haychchchchchchchch!