View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 01:12 AM

Default Re: one of those nice but non nuts hands...

Hi Olrik - Fine.

Once SB 3-bets the flop and BB folds, you have to wonder if SB has a full house.

If you wanted SB to check the turn, so as to possibly get a free card, then 4-bet on the second betting round.

But you don't really want SB to check the turn, because if SB does check the turn, then you're not sure what to do. (Do you check and take the free card, or bet into a possible check raise?)

It's a moot point because you 4-bet and SB bets the turn anyhow.

At that point it looks very much as though SB has QQXY or Q7XY.But with 9 small bets already in the pot from each of the first two betting rounds plus the two big bets you expect SB to put in the pot on the next two betting rounds, you're getting 11 to 2 or 5.5 to 1 implied pot odds to call the last two bets. You only have 3/44 ways to improve substantially on the river (an ace or a seven).

[ QUOTE ]
i figured the river didnt really help me even tho it made me a FH (unless he has another A7).

[/ QUOTE ]Exactly. In case Villain also has A7XY, the six is good for you, and the six also is good for you because it prevents Villain from making a full house if Villain doesn't have a full house already.

At any rate no significant suggestions. I would not have made it four bets on the second betting round, but that's no big deal and of course is actually better for you if Villain doesn't already have a full house. I think Villain probably has a full house, but I think the probability he doesn't have a full house is greater than 2/11. Therefore calling it down on the turn and river is fine.

Thanks for your kind compliment on the magazine forum regarding the post flop article series.

Buzz