View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 12:42 AM

Default Re: The Official \"Tom Brady re-writes the record books in 2007\" Thread

[ QUOTE ]

What stats put Palmer/Romo ahead of Brady career wise? Please show them to me because I'm 99% sure they don't exist. BTW this is a perfect example of why so many posters feud with you. You say ridiculously stupid comments that aren't true and try to use it to prove your point. Though FWIW Carson Palmer is an excellent QB and pretty young, ten years from now one could be one of the best.(Not saying better or worse than Brady just saying he's very good).

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, you're pissing me off now. I've asked you multiple times to cool it with the personal insults. Saying things like "you say ridiculously stupid comments" is just flat out immature and insulting. How [censored] old are you man? I live in Las Vegas and will be at next year's WSOP...please come up to me and talk to me like this in real life.

Heres your stats since apparently you're too damn lazy to look them up for yourself yet you have no problem disagreeing with me even though you didn't look them up....

QB Rating
Romo: 95.3
Brady: 91.8
Palmer: 91.2

Yards per pass attempt
Romo: 8.5
Palmer: 7.4
Brady: 7.2

Yards per game
Palmer: 244.8
Brady: 230.0
Romo: 181.4(obviously skewed as he has 5 games in which he threw 2 or less passes and has only been around for 2 years. If you calculate this fairly, he beats Brady)

Completion %
Romo: 64.2
Palmer: 63.7
Brady: 62.7

TDs per pass attempt
Romo: 1 TD every 16.45 passes
Palmer: 1 TD every 18.51 passes
Brady: 1 TD every 18.92 passes

[ QUOTE ]
What qualifies you as a good football mind? Do you have any expertise outside of simply being a fan watching the game?

[/ QUOTE ]
I've never played anything higher than HS football, but in general I'm very unbiased. If you've noticed I get labeled as a Brady and Vince Young fan, yet I don't like either player or their teams. I'm a Redskins fan first and a RAvens fan second.

I also think that I watch an absurd amount of sports and will re-watch entire games to notice the finer points.

Lastly and perhaps most importantly is that I've shown the willingness to change my position when I'm wrong. I could provide multiple examples of this just from this board.

I don't think I'm anything special though and I'm sure that there are many posters here that are just as qualified to analyze the games as me.

[ QUOTE ]
Just to clarify you are basing Brady's 7 games this year against pretty bad defenses to infer that he is better than Peyton Manning who was been by far the most valuable player over the past 8 years.

[/ QUOTE ]
No, I am basing it upon watching their entire careers and forming an unbiased opinion that Brady is the better quarterback. I only mention these 7 games because apparently you'll only be convinced by stats.

[ QUOTE ]
Brady is an excellent QB who will put up good stats regardless where he plays. I agree with your statement but I Manning is still a better QB.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thats fine. What would Brady have to accomplish in order for you to change your opinion? Furthermore, could you ever rank a QB above Manning if he happened to play in a ball control offense with bad WRs and didn't put up huge stats? If not, do you not see that as a flaw in your ranking system since you're limiting a players' potential ranking solely based upon outside factors and not his actual skill level?