View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 11:45 PM

Default Re: *Official* Philadelphia E-A-G-L-E-S Thread (2007-2008)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This post is wrong on a few levels. People forget that McNabb hasn't been a running quarterback for four years. I understand that his mobility has decreased, and that's definitely hurt his ability to evade the rush, but that's not stopping him for being a good quarterback. The problem is that he isn't stepping into his throws consistently like he used to. This has caused a higher numbers of his throws to be behind the receiver. I'm not saying McNabb was ever a very accurate quarterback, because, well, he never has been. He's always had the problem of throwing it into the ground.

[/ QUOTE ]
The problem is that no mobility + no accuracy + poor clock/game management = can't do anything well. I am not sure in which of these we can expect a significant improvement going forward.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm saying that the accuracy should see significant improvement. McNabb has missed a lot of throws this year that he usually makes (like the missed touchdown pass to Schobel yesterday). A lot of this can be attributed to mechanical errors due to the injury. With another off-season, this should go away. Maybe it doesn't, but I think we need another year to tell for sure.

Here's my problem with playing Kolb next year (at least early in the season). This team should still have enough talent next year to be contenders, but that completely hinges on the quarterback play. I highly, highly, highly, highly doubt Kolb has the ability to take us to the Super Bowl in his first year, even if he is the quarterback of the future. McNabb has shown that when he's close to 100%, he can take us deep in the playoffs. Maybe he doesn't reach that point again next year, but at least the team would have the upside of contending for a championship.