View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 11:24 PM

Default Re: *Official* Philadelphia E-A-G-L-E-S Thread (2007-2008)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How can we be 2-4?

[/ QUOTE ]

McNabb is way overrated, hes the kinda qb who needs good wide receivers to make up for being a very inaccurate passer. In addition to that he throws the ball so hard, which results in alot of drops, especially for throws where he should take a little off. In the past he made up for these shortcomings by his ability to scramble and create on the run, but he's clearly not fully recovered from surgery. He's trying to be a prototypical passer this season, and thats just not what he is

[/ QUOTE ]

This post is wrong on a few levels. People forget that McNabb hasn't been a running quarterback for four years. I understand that his mobility has decreased, and that's definitely hurt his ability to evade the rush, but that's not stopping him for being a good quarterback. The problem is that he isn't stepping into his throws consistently like he used to. This has caused a higher numbers of his throws to be behind the receiver. I'm not saying McNabb was ever a very accurate quarterback, because, well, he never has been. He's always had the problem of throwing it into the ground.

Maybe he has lost it. Maybe he'll never be able to plant and step into his throws again. But right now I think that's been a product of the injury, so I think it would be wrong not to give McNabb another year to show what he can do.

Right now, I don't think there are a whole lot of wholes on this team. They need more big plays, they need better receivers (who can get off the press and get open), and they need better play from the quarterback position. They need to get a big play wide receiver in the off-season, and McNabb needs to get to 100%. If these things happen, they should be serious contenders next year. If not, then maybe it's time to blow this team up. (Not the O-line or the young core of the front seven.)