View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 11:21 PM

Default Re: Personal / dating / whatever life situation general advice thread

[ QUOTE ]
I need some help getting out of the friend zone. A woman who worked for me 5 years ago and I stayed friends and know a lot of the same people. I recently got out of an eight year relationship. I have been more in touch with my friend, who lives about 5 hours away, since I have been single. She is very laid back and very attractive but doesn't have a boyfriend. I have arranged to be in her city to see a football game with some friends in a few weeks. I am going to come in the day before everybody else (which she is aware of) to hang out. I'd like to try and move this from friends to more that night. How do I best proceed? I get the sense she has some interest, but I don't want to embarass myself to a friend by awkwardly hitting on her. Help me be smooth.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Look, I'm not going to lie to you, I'm interested in you. If you're not interested, just say so, I'll get over it and move on, and we'll go back to being friends."

The only thing is, a) you have to say it with confidence, b) you actually have to go back to being friends after, have the balls not to become a huge pussy whipped freak.

Or you could do the immature thing and just get drunk and blurt out stuff. That ones easier, but I find has a smaller success rate [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]