View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 09:43 PM

Default Re: *Official* Philadelphia E-A-G-L-E-S Thread (2007-2008)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
well, I guess i'm the only one remaining not pushing the panic button JUST yet. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
That's the thing. I've been optimistic about our season throughout the poor start, and unlike some others here, still think our team is very talented and can be a playoff team this year and in the near future. But that's why I'm putting so much blame on McNabb. There are really very few weakpoints on our team, especially on offense, and when I try to pinpoint the reason we are losing, there's not much else to go to besides him. I mean, let's try to grade the units.

Offensive Line: A
Running Back: A+
Wide Receiver: B-
Tight End: D

Defensive Line: B
Linebackers: C+
Secondary: A-

Kicker: B+
Punter: B-

How can we be 2-4?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty fair grades, although I think you underrate the LB's and overrate the secondary. The front 7 has been very good this year against the run and TE's in the passing game- No. 7 in YPC against, and #2 DVOA v. TE's in passing. The secondary is a tough grade, considering the # of injuries - but I think the grade should be lower nonetheless, if not for the last drive against the Bears alone.

The major problem with this team this year, and the reason they are 2-4 is coaching. I was watching NFL network and they had some D-lineman on and they were talking about the NYG o-line. He said they are a nice, tricky group but they wont "just line up and maul you like Philly will/can." The strengths of this team this year are running the football and stopping the run. The gameplans should reflect that (Martyball, call it whatever), but they don't. Reid is creating gameplans like this is still the 2004 team whose strengths were passing and stopping the pass. Get up early and make the opposing team throw on you. That isnt going to work anymore, and if Reid doesn't adjust, a new coach should be brought in.

D