View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 05:59 PM

Default Re: AP thread 872.6 - Statement ITT

[ QUOTE ]
Someone posted volume stats for the past couple weeks, and it appeared that traffic at AP was down about 15%. It seems to me that there are fewer regulars at the AP tables I play on. For most of this year I have played only at AP and even I, someone who thinks that it benefits me personally if AP gets fishier, have started playing some on Stars and Full Tilt, getting in the groove there just in case AP somehow gets unplayable. So they are paying a price, and I think the price will get worse before it gets better for them. I want AP to be stung, but not to death. I think that's the best solution. Say a fifty million dollar hit in their value, that should be sufficient incentive for others to work to avoid cheating. And if they have a permanent decline in traffic of about thirty percent, that's probably a fifty million dollar hit, roughly.

[/ QUOTE ]
This would be a recoverable situation, and as far as I'm concerned they should be allowed to recover if those responsible don't have any part of it. My concern would be that they simply decide to close up shop and start afresh. If AP are to blame then AP should be held accountable, if persons at AP are to blame, then those persons should be held accountable. I really don't see a boycott having a significant long term effect by itself. A fifty million dollar hit in their value is like a 100 point drop in the Dow. It stings, but give it time and you'll be back where you were before and more.