View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 05:48 PM

Default Re: Complete loss of sex drive because of antidepressants...

I've been on Lexapro for the last 4 or 5 months, and it has pretty much completely killed my sex drive. I'm not really depressed any more which is good, but feeling asexual at times is a pretty weak side effect.

Interesting that it doesn't seem to have the same effect for others on the board, as I know it is listed as one of the primary side effects.

Other side effects I noticed at first, but have since decreased was the feeling of ALWAYS feeling hungry. I gained a bit of weight, but I'm working on losing it again through eating better and trying to exercise more.

Lexapro also seems to magnify the effects of alcohol, and if I didn't take the meds in the morning, and take them in the late afternoon or evening, if I end up drinking at night, I feel the effects of alcohol a lot more than if I had taken the meds earlier in the day.

Also, I wouldn't recommend quitting cold turkey from the meds, I ran out of my prescription for a period of a few days, and I felt so ridiculously depressed it was horrible to think that in a few short months my body had managed to become completely dependent on the medication.

I'm still debating on whether or not medicating for depression is worth it since my depression tends to run at a very low level, and not completely decimate me like it seems to do for a lot of people.