View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 05:11 PM

Default Re: AP thread 872.6 - Statement ITT

It was posted:This also explains why the KGC hasn't undertaken any serious enforcement actions. They don't have the personnel, and they don't care to. They will never touch Absolutes "license" because Absolute is their customer and tribe needs their revenues.

Reply - I looked at the list of those holding gaming permits, and Absolute Poker is not listed. Sometimes gambling companies are in the status of applicants, pending approval, and were there recent ownership changes at AP that might explain why they are not listed. By the middle of the B's I had gotten to 55 permit holders, so they seem to have roughly a thousand of them, generating ten million dollars per year in license fees, so they probably can do some investigation. In addition, the receipt of ten thousand dollars is probably a minor matter to them, given the large number of permit holders. I think a more important consideration is that they have limited power over their permit holders. They can deny the permit holder the right to operate within their land, which would deprive them of the right to use the apparently excellent server facilities there, but otherwise what could the KGC do to enforce any permit holder to do what they wanted? I guess it could cost some business to be sanctioned by a gaming commission, and the right to put your servers on top of the major communication spine running beneath the tribe's land is probably worth something, but I would not count on the KGC being able to force a rogue firm to act responsibly. I think market forces are the real enforcer of honesty. Gambling sites can make money - if people choose to visit them. If they cheat, few will visit. AP and Ultimate Bet are probably worth hundreds of millions of dollars, and preserving that value will imo force them to try to be honest. I know if I had an asset worth that much money - I would work hard to preserve its value. I assume the owner of the sites is not insane and will also work hard to clean up the mess.