View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 04:50 PM

Default Re: How do Americans view Europeans?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In 2003 SV had support from about 20% of the population (I refer to the second link I posted above). So 20% in the general population, 25% among journalists. Hardly anything to make a big fuss about.

[/ QUOTE ]
Uh, the numbers I based my calculations on were from 2006 (link). What you've basically done is to pick the one period where SV actually had major support and based your numbers on that. IIRC SV was not above 10% in any period in 2006.

EDIT: And feel free to explain why 42% of journalists would vote for AP and basically none for FRP when the voter demographics for those two parties are extremely similar in the general populace.

[/ QUOTE ] Damn. Sorry. I'm wrong here. A little peculiar that the general public have changed their minds since 2003, when the differences were not that notable, while journalists haven't.

[ QUOTE ]
EDIT: And feel free to explain why 42% of journalists would vote for AP and basically none for FRP when the voter demographics for those two parties are extremely similar in the general populace.

[/ QUOTE ] Ok i looked at the poll you referred to. AP had 45% of the uneducated vote and 30% of the highly educated vote. FRP had 27% of the uneducated vote and 11% of the highly educated vote. 30/45 = 0.67 11/27 = 0.41

Age is another factor that can explain part of this. FRP has a lower portion than of their supporters than AP among people aged 22-59, and this is probably where you find the journalists [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]