View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 04:43 PM

Default Re: Stoxtrader is \"In the Well\"

[ QUOTE ]
My questions for you pertain to bankroll management. Did you always practice good bankroll judgement on your way up the limits? Did you use the 300BB rule? Also, do you think with the games being tougher these days that the 300BB rule applies or do you think people should be more conservative? (limit poker)... what number of buyins do you recommend for someone playing the mid limit stakes these days?

[/ QUOTE ]

bankroll is such a personal question - the point is to strike a balance between financial risk and financial opportunity cost, while taking into consideration psychological factors.

pros should have different rolls than those with other sources of income, and ppl with higher risk tolerances (greater ability to handle swings but also sometimes a bad thing as well), would have different rolls than those with lower risk tolerance.

for me, moving up past 10/20 i didnt even pay attention, i just proved to myself I could win at each level and then moved up. After that I had 1,000 bets for every level i played in my poker bankroll and for NL I've always been hugely rolled for every limit i played... 200+ buyins.

as far as recommendations go, it depends on how strong you are, the stronger your play, the smaller your roll should be because your ROR is smaller and your opportunity cost is higher.

i do think 300BB is a bit low avg estimate for LHE though to answer your other question.