View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 04:16 PM

Default Re: Advanced Degree Paths into Trading

Phone Booth,

In all due respect a good bit of luck,being at the right place at the right time,certain market conditions(any type market,not just stcoks)..is always helpful,and most of time a given,when someone is successful

I attribute my own success in owning/buying my firm ,as being at the right place at the right time in alot of ways,but if I wasnt a successful trader I wouldnt have gotten the chance either..

The actual success,growth,etc, of the most successful businessmen,let alone traders is not directly correlated to ones education alone

I dont think thats a fair statement to say that my two friends who did not graduate HS,started on the floor as clerks,eventually buying their own seats on the NYSE was pure luck...they busted their azz,were exteremely suceesful equity traders and are true examples of success that no education can buy

And for someone spewing his mouth about math/college degrees/quantitative/numerical methods ......just saying the word 'LUCK' seems quite ambiguous?

I am not in anyway downplaying a college education(i have my own)...but getting your B.A...Masters..even their doctorate....doesnt guarantee anything nowadays as they are a dime a dozen in the world of finance.

It does give you a foot in the door IMO....but the direct effect of the time/costs to each individuals success is vastly different as to what their end goals might be

Most dont get that far anyway on WS!

SF [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]