View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 04:05 PM

Default Re: Thursday (10/25) NCAAF

[ QUOTE ]
VT may be great at home historically, but it certainly hasn't been the case this year. They're 0-3 ATS at home this season and have not come within a TD of covering in any of those games.

I actually think VT being overrated may be enough to cancel out the effects of the "higher ranked team on the road" bias and any overrating of BC. Even though it's a huge game, I might just have to stay away from this on the betting line. VT -3 looks like a really accurate line to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Against Ohio, they won 28-7 and the line was -22.5 so they did come very close to covering. Against UNC they won by 7 and the line was -18.5 (line was too big in retrospect.) The other 2 home games were the emotional home opener against ECU (tribute to the shooting victims) and a 44-3 win over Wm & Mary (no line.) All of their home games have been early afternoon games where they have been big faves. I really don't think you can compare these to the atmosphere they will have with BC coming in. The home field advantage will be HUGE in this game IMO.