View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 04:04 PM

Default Re: AP thread 872.6 - Statement ITT

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If they have not I think it is a little bit disturbing. Is it possible that AP has dirt on other poker companies and they are afraid to come out with a stance against them? Or is it more likely that all the major sites just want this all to go away?

[/ QUOTE ]

Other than small time ops like Pokershare releasing anti-AP ads, what would you want, say, Stars to do here? Stars is unquestionably the public leader in integrity in this business. They also have a KGC license and aren't going to shoot themselves in the foot by bringing this up publicly when the next question they'll be asked is 'why do you have a KGC license?' To them, it's understandably better to keep their mouth shut.

Everyone else either also has a KGC license or a license from an outfit much worse than the KGC. The lone exception might be WSEX because the Antiguans, I hear, do have some kind of integrity verifying thing going on, but nobody cares about them or plays there so what's the point?

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand the position that Poker Stars is taking (I wouldn't expect anything from FTP anyway) but I do not think it is a wise decision.

A top five poker site was caught blatantly cheating. The "oversite" committee is the same for that site and PStars. I understand if PS doesn't want to release a statement to all their players but I would at least expect some level of participation in these threads. Has anyone talked to their PS contacts?

They are walking a very fine line, silence could be seen by many as an admission that they have skeletons in their closet as well. Enron, Tyco et al. certainly weren't the only crooked companies on Wall Street, they're just the ones that got caught. Responsible Fortune 500 companies took efforts to analyze their internal processes and assauge their clients/shareholders concerns. I expect more from PS.