View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 02:56 PM

Default Re: EDF Cooking Contest--Pumpkin Challenge

Mermade, sorry about outing your secret picture. I did have a guess about who made the empanada in the corner. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] If it'll make you feel any better, I can show you my cookie sheet that a roommate used as a cutting board...

[ QUOTE ]
I should get new ones. I've been thinking about getting some nice aluminum ones and silpat mats too.

[/ QUOTE ]
I know that they do make smaller silpats. I'm really not a very avid (or skilled) baker, but if you use a silpat, does it matter much what your cookiesheet looks like? I never really thought about it, but if you have silicon insulating the cookies from the pan, it also shouldn't matter much how well the sheet conducts heat. Right?

[ QUOTE ]
I am really pleased with this back to old-school IC secret ingredient thing. Want to continue this way. Thoughts? BTW, I also liked the fact that the ingredient this time was seasonal. Pumpkins in October are fun.

I nominate cranberries for next month.

[/ QUOTE ]
Good idea! I definitely dig the seasonal ingredients. Cranberry seems easily savory or sweet, and really adaptable. I know we talked about alternating goofy/traditional, but cranberry sound really fun. Maybe we can do a more "method based" theme or whatever in December. (I couldn't think of a good December seasonal ingredient anyway. Ice?)