View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 02:35 PM

Default Re: poker pro - hardest job there is?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would also say that putting in a lot of hours playing poker is much harder than putting in the same hours at practically any other job.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem is you can't compare hours. You have to compare earnings. Stocking store shelves after hours is pretty easy and if you compare 4 hours of that vs 4 hours of poker then obviously poker is harder. But poker also pays 50 times as much. If you compare 200 hours of stock shelves vs 4 hours of poker then poker is much easier.

That is the problem with OP's post. He wants to just look at the actual job without any of the other relevant information. That is why he is getting so much grief since everyone else is looking at the complete picture.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've already addressed the wage issue in the beginning under lifestyle. This alone makes being a poker pro much better than any other job. Let's instead though say online poker payed $10-15/hr. Now you would have to put in as many hours as any other job and be making the same as well. Now where does poker pro rank? It would have to be way harder than any other job at that wage. As it is, online poker players have sick hourlies and don't have to work many hours so it's obviously pretty awesome.

I'm saying though that the actual work involved while on the clock is much tougher than the vast majority of jobs/careers.