View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 02:01 PM

Default Re: The Hip-Hop Thread, or Dids\'s Top 10 Hip-Hop Albums

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
I like TBA a lot, it's about the only Jay-Z album without an overdose of filler.

The fact that Reasonable Doubt didn't make your Top 10 or even your "barely missed the cut" and that you wrote this when it's clearly not true about RD is very puzzling to me. I assume you've heard the album: what's your problem with it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, Reasonable Doubt was by far Jay Z's best album and an all time classic. He admitted in an interview that it was his favorite album because he said he had his whole life to make it. The beats are all on point, his flows were filled with complex, witty metaphors that gave a sense of atmosphere and cohesion throughout the whole album that was like watching a good crime movie. People putting the Blueprint or other albums ahead of this I just can't understand. Anyways, the rest of my incomplete list in no particular order:

Raekwon-Only Built 4 Cuban Linx Rapid fire flow, complex lyrics and slang that would weave together crime stories like a novel with vivid imagery, dark sinister original production. You could listen to this album over and over and always hear something new , or finally understand a line or some slang that you werent previously familiar with.

Nas-Ilmmatic sick flow with numerous metaphors that all connected with each other to paint a picture of his life and environment and feelings at the time. Not a single bad song on this album. Perfect timing, rythm and lyrical content. It was Written was also great.

Tupac-Me Against The World His most polished and solid album without any filler tracks. More introspective than just an angry reaction like some of his later albums.