View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 01:23 PM

Default Help me with this weird hand please!!

Party Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, CO folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $5</font>, 2 folds, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($11.5, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets $5</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($21.5, 2 players)
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $15</font>, UTG+1 calls.

River: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($51.5, 2 players)
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $36</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises all-in $56.09</font>, Hero folds.
Uncalled bets: $56.09 returned to UTG+1.

Results:
Final pot: $87.5

Don't have any stats on villain but I don't think I really need them here.

I called the flop thinking that there wasn't much point raising when I had a weak kicker and hw will only really call with a better hand.
On turn after he checks I thought he was weak and figured I should bet to protect against flush draw, plus possibly get a cheap showdown.
On river the flush hits and so I bet thinking that he can only call with a strong heart. Is this Ok though, guven that it is likely he holds a heart after his call on the turn.
Then would villain ever reraise on the river withouit a heart? I doubt it so still think my river fold was correct.