View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 12:58 PM

Default Re: Best Monitor for 12-tabling??

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The 30's are great if you can afford one of those. If you don't want to spend the money on a 30" and you play somewhere with resizable tables, then a 24" one works fine that has 1920x1200 resolution.

If you want one thats bigger than a 24 but still want to get out cheaper, HannsG has a nice 28" monitor that has gotten great reviews. Great for the price also, currently $599 w/free shipping at Costco. Think I am going to get one of those myself.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.asp...&lang=en-US

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not a fan of 9-tabling on a 1920x1200 screen (and esp not 12-tabling). The 28" you linked wouldn't be any better than a 24" really, same resolution. Waste of money IMO (well I guess not in this case, as that's cheaper than some 24"s, but the bigger Dell with 1920 x 1200, for example, is a waste compared to the 24"), unless you have bad eyesight I guess. You want higher resolution, not just bigger.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you not like about 9 tabling on the 1920x1200 monitors?

I got a new Dell laptop w/17" screen on it few months ago and I 9-12 table on it every night. If I play over 9, I stagger them on the sides but always have 9 where there is no overlap and it works great for me.

My main thing is being able to 12 table when I want with no overlap and the tables not being so small, which I can't do on my laptop. Figure that 28" should work great for that.

I would love to have the 30" but I can't justify spending more than double for it if the 28" works for me. I am a low stakes nit unfortunately. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]