View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 12:53 PM

Default Re: The Ultimate Leverage Investment Thread

thanks for the replies. pretty painful day with gold's drop, but rather than selling i increased my position from $60 to $200 per $1 swing at 750p. my current stop loss in now 700p but is very flexible.

as for USD, what i am desperate to do is not to have to worry about short term swings affecting my position (i know gold today but i've was always been planning to put more on and the drop seemed like a good long term buying position).

my problem is that i want stop losses to be large enough that my position can handly short term swings, but not too large that i am tying up money unnecessarily.

also i dont want stop losses that are too far away that i'd abandon the position before the stop loss hits.

i had my best ever weekend poker wise (+$12k) so im on a bit of a finance high at the moment, up to $185k or so now (i had about 10% of that this time last year) so im now feeling like i want to get my finances decided.

i will always keep $100k in savings, which leaves the other $85k to invest with.

thanks for all your thoughts, much appreciated.