View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 12:40 PM

Default Re: How do Americans view Europeans?

[ QUOTE ]
For the record Bedreviter portrays Norway in an unnecessarily negative way. If I were to guess, you're pretty far to the right on the political scale. It's a tradition for Norwegian conservatives to bemoan the state of the press and leftist society, usually in a completely exaggerated way.

Try to be a tad more realistic in your portrayals please, and don't present your opinions as fact; it just looks stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't listen to this filthy hippie! There's a reason that the former Swedish minister Bjørn Rosengren called Norway "the last Soviet state". There is a lingering social democratic (read: leftist) sentiment that permeates all levels of Norwegian society. And the media especially so. It's a fact that about 70% of Norwegian journalists are voting on the left side of the political aisle, and considering that quite a few of the political parties on the conservative side would have been deemed communist in the US, I think it's fair to say that yes, we have a problem with an overly leftist press. Don't let the hippies tell you otherwise!

PS! I know that the majority of American readers probably don't want to hear more about Norway now. It's that center-of-the-universe complex getting the better of me. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]