View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 10:24 AM

Default Re: FR Theory: KTs on the button, 3 limpers in front

I'm not particularly in love with KTs. It makes a lot of second best hands.

That said, I play this with a raise. It's too much hand to fold on the button. I think this kind of hand doesn't make a playable, winning hand on the flop often enough not to steal. With a bunch of weakness in front of you, now is a good time for that.

I tend to limit my limping to hands that will make a hand that has value in it's own right on the flop. For example, I'll limp occasionally with smaller pocket pairs and sometimes JTs and QJs. Those hands are a little less likely to be dominated than KT but will make sets or decent top pairs in unraised pots but aren't so good that you get yourself into trouble. Also, those hands play well with higher SPRs post flop. QJ and JT make good draws with which to apply pressure. Limping can set the pot up to apply maximum pressure if you catch a good flop. KTs is less likely to do that for you. Also, people habitually play suited A's. I think you find yourself stacking off with the second nuts, where you'd be less inclined to make a big call with a hand like 67s. So, raise it up. C-bet most flops. Be careful with top pairs and non-nut draws.