View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 08:01 AM

Default Re: Staking/Make-up question: What to do with lower prize-pools?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Do you not see that it would be incredibly demoralizing to play in a tournament knowing you see no cash unless you win? Do you not see how this will affect my play?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you had paid for the 15k in tournaments yourself (instead of being backed), you would now be down 15k. Winning 10k would still leave you in the negatives, but would you find this as demoralizing? It's still a 10k boost, just like it would be a 10k boost if you're simply erasing backing debt. I think this is how most of the ppl in this thread are saying you should view the situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

I realize that, and when I said it was demoralizing, etc. I was more saying that it was demoralizing because the prize pools are so small and I feel rolled for these games so to be playing for only a portion of my own action really would be demoralizing.

Part of the reason I used the words I did originally was because I was hoping we could get into a discussion on better ways to have staking agreements, for instance where the stakee gets a certain % up-front on cashes, but that amount also adds to make-up so for instance you don't make any extra in the long-run but you do get money up-front on wins (it's just "paid back" over time to where you end up getting the same % in the end).

This would solve a lot of issues that there is with staking arrangements I think, and I definitely think there has to be a better way than what most people are doing right now.