View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 05:00 AM

Default Re: PLO8 tourney 3 handed decision

No, we're fine here. It isn't even smoky even though the canyon is on fire a couple of miles away. I hope you didn't have to evacuate.

I know that the hand was trash, but I had been stealing with impunity just to stay in it. I had probably raised during the game with worse hands. Obviously, this isn't ideal ... but I felt at the time that my opponents were playing too tight and that this was +EV. I still think that the play is right under the circumstances as long as I realize that I need to release if I miss the flop and meet resistance. Which I did.

I fought back from that spot, at 33k, to just shy of the chip lead. I did it with lots of PF aggression. I finished 2nd, and really didn't get a fair fight HU, because the chip leader scooped and knocked out the other opponent. He had about a 3.5 to 1 chip advantage when we started HU. I had about 11 BBs and there wasn't much room to work. Bygones.

I think that the reason why I posted the hand & situation was that the result (had I called) would have been favorable, and I was wondering if there was any justification to call. I try to stay away from results-oriented thinking, but I wanted to make sure that I wasn't missing something.