View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 03:38 AM

Default HUSNG - $22 Turbo - Am I playing this too passively?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t20 (2 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB (t1520)
Hero (t1480)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t60</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to t160</font>, Hero calls t100.

Flop: (t320) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (t320) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets t120</font>, Hero calls t120.

River: (t560) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets t1240 (All-In)</font>, Hero calls t1200 (All-In).

Final Pot: t2960

I actually wasn't slow-playing here. I thought the 3-bet / check on the flop indicated a set almost certainly, and so I didn't want to get it all-in on the flop or turn, even with two pair and a flush draw. This is the 2nd hand of the SNG, so I don't really know much about my opponent.

1) Call pre-flop is fine, right? He's not making a very large raise, and stacks are still deep and I'm in position.

2) Do you bet the flop? I was about 80% sure he'd raise me, so I decided to take the free card instead and hope to outdraw him.

3) On the turn, if I raise, I think I'm only folding out hands I have beat - like a scared QQ or KK - and getting action from hands like AJ, TT, or AJ. I can still take a relatively cheap card and try to fill up or hit my flush. Further, if he has QQ or KK, I could hit the money card - the Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and stack him.

River is pretty obvious.

Thoughts?