View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 02:55 AM

Default Re: AP thread 872.6 - Statement ITT

[ QUOTE ]
h11,

your thinking there doesn't seem very strong.

1) 10 days profit is a significant amount of money for many people.

2) the consideration of whether it is the most +EV deal is based on this:

compare:
(expected profit playing at absolute) - (expected profit playing elsewhere)

to:
(chance your money is stolen)

if you're winning at 5big blinds/100, and the cheaters can take a stack off you by calling your otherwise well-timed big bluff, they only need to do it once every 2,000 hands to make you into a break-even player.

3) a large chunk of the "value" of AP is in the value of their brand. their brand is obviously worth less today than it was several weeks ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that for some the risk would be larger than it is for me, but for most of us we are unlikely to run into Mr Evil at our tables, Mr Evil is likely to be in jail or on the run right now, Mr Big who owns AP by sheer self interest is no doubt working hard to make sure no more cheating pops up, my losses in the extremely unlikely event I do find myself seated with Mr Evil will be small, given that I don't put much money at risk in the games I play, none of that Devil's NL stuff for me, and leaving AP will have a REAL cost, not a fantasized possible cost. But I do encourage all two plus two players to avoid AP - while I'm playing there - so I concede you're a lot smarter than I am.