View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 02:34 AM

Default Re: AP thread 872.6 - Statement ITT

NLfool: I see you have mentioned the BBJ several times. I have avoided speculating on the possibility that the BBJ was rigged because I have no evidence. I just wanted to mention, in case you missed it, this article that proclaims absolute Absolute Poker "the most lucrative place to play Bad Beat Jackpot": http://www.internet-poker.co.uk/Poker-Ne...ackpot~916.html

Like I say, I don't believe this is evidence of anything at all, but it is an article basically shilling for AP that makes vague claims linking two BBJ hits in quick succession to some amorphous idea that Absolute's jackpot is 'better', even though it's structure seems identical to Party's.

My point is not that it looks dodgy, it is most likely just clever marketing siezing on the two recent hits and crafting a fallacious argument that you're more likely to win the BBJ at AP and directing it at moron degenerate losers who don't understand gambling and probability. But, as long the BBJ keeps being brought up I thought it worth mentioning.

Apart from anything, whereas this time last month I would have laughed at suggestions that a major site might rig their BBJ there is no way I would just dismiss such a possibility in the wake of all this.