Thread: HULA?
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 02:08 AM

Default Re: HULA?

[ QUOTE ]
This ends up happening randomly whenever someone wants to take responsibility and organize it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Although I am a phenomenal tournament organiser (I organise our family botche tournament every christmas) I am currently in exams so I won't be able to do it for a few weeks, if at all.

1. However, I just wanted to clarify that HULA was/is a team event. I would suggest teams of 4.

2. Team selection should be via draft simply previously organised? I think in the past it has been via draft.
Perhaps people can enter a team, and anyone who is a 'freeagent' can be picked up in the draft?

3. However this would make it like a league, that would take months and my understanding is that HULA is like a 4week thing.

4.i. I think we should have a 32 team max. Using the same format as the World Cup. i.e round robin then elimination phase

ii. Or perhaps a double eliminatin format ala 'Mighty Ducks 2'
(this is quite good altho this movie explains the format rather poorly'

5. In reference to Mbiker, I think the entry fee per palyer should be smaller. This is not supposed to be an 'elite only' event and a 1k price tag will remove alot of players. We want it to be like the FA Cup where some average .5/1 guy vs Hoss_TBF for a 30mins match and wins!

6. Ok so Yeah, please everyone reply with their thoughts and input and if we get all the teams and stuff organised I may be bothered putting a fixture together!

JT