Old 10-22-2007, 01:44 AM

Default Re: OFFICIAL WORLD SERIES! - Boston Redsox vs Colorado Rockies

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Rockies also have a better bullpen than the Indians.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can tell we're going to get along great.

[/ QUOTE ]

We'll get along just dandy, as soon as you can recognize the Rox didn't just luckbox their way into this. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

It should be a really good Series.

[/ QUOTE ]

rockines are a good team, and fairly close to the indians overall....they do not however have a better bullpen....sorry.

[/ QUOTE ]

They both had an opponents' OPS of .707. Rox has more bullpen wins (35 v. 29), Indians had more saves. Rox had marginally higher ERA, but pitched nearly 100 more innings. I don't have access to advanced statistics, but as much a hitter park as Coors is, I'd be surprised if once park factors are counted, the Rox actually have better numbers. If anything, I'd suggest the bullpens are equal.

Boston, however, has an awesome bullpen, no doubt.

[/ QUOTE ]

How long have you been a baseball fan? 1 month? I hate to break this to you; but in the AL, we have this thing called a DH. That means that pitchers that hit .059 don't have to hit. So, crazy as it sounds, numbers in the AL are inflated due to the fact that players like David Ortiz and Jason Giambi get to bat instead of those pesky #9 hitters you got.

[/ QUOTE ]

How long have you been a baseball fan? 1 week? Relievers don't face pitchers, there is this thing called a pinch hitter.

Obviously the Indians bullpen faced better hitters on average and obviously NL bench players do not = AL DHs, but lets keep this civil, eh?