View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 12:01 AM

Default J6c 3/6 LHE game OTB

Hi - Live 3/6 LHE with 10 players, blind 3,2,2. I have been playing very tight as described in the other thread. Most often I fold the SB and BTN for an extra $1 chip.

I am on the button and post my $2 blind. I have J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and after 3 players have limped I toss in the $1 chip. SB does the same and BB checks.

Flop: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 players, 5 sb)

Checked to MP player that bets and everyone calls.

Turn: A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6 players, 5.5 bb)

Checked to me and I bet, SB, MP and LP call.

River: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4 players, 9.5 bb)

SB bets, folded to me and I call.

So, was this the correct way to play the hand?

First, let's look at the preflop play. For $1 I assume that everyone completes the button blind?

Second, flop I have a jack high flush draw that will lose 50% when I make my flush but that means that I will win 50% so calling is correct? Agree?

Third, on the flop I made my flush and given that if I bet I will be called by someone that either has me beat or has a draw to beat me. There are about 11 cards to come on the river where I will lose if I am ahead.

I think that I have to find a bet here.

Now the river is an easy call, correct? Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. That is poker.

Thanks