View Single Post
Old 10-21-2007, 10:37 PM

Default Re: open % from CO and button

My numbers are 25.7% in the CO and 48.4% on the button. I'm not sure my numbers are right, but I suspect if your open on the button % minus your open on the CO% is < 15%, then you probably understand fully the importance of position.

Also, it's really important to understand Heisenberg's point. If you add marginal hands, your opponent often in theory can't beat your move. If he decides not to pay off your big hands any more than in the past, he'll often have to fold to your weaker hands or find himself playing passively and giving you free cards and allowing you to make thin value bets. If he tries to adjust by punishing your increased looseness, he ends up putting in more bets when you have a strong hand. It's tough to figure exactly what hand range has this positive theoretical effect, and even tougher to play a good enough game to consistently take advantage of it. At the same time, how your opponent adjusts will dictate what you do. If he starts spewing more (particularly early in hands), you tighten up and punish his overaggressive play; if he goes back to playing more solidly and less unpredictably, you attack him (particularly when he's out of position) with a wider range.